These Parmesan and panko-crusted zucchini fries are crispy, flavorful, and require just a few ingredients to make.
Servings: 5 servings (30 zucchini fries total)
Serving Size: 6 zucchini fries (96g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 151 calories / 23g carbs/ 8.5g protein/ 3.5g fat
- 2 medium (434g) zucchini
- 1 cup (60g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (25g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (62g) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large (100g) eggs
- Slice ends off of each zucchini. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Cut each half into long 1/2-inch wide strips. They should be shaped like fries.
- Add panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. In another bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Whisk the eggs in a third bowl.
- Using one hand for dry ingredients and the other for wet, dip a zucchini fry into the all-purpose flour. Turn to coat. Dip the fry into the whisked egg. Shake to remove excess egg. Add to the panko mixture, tossing to combine.
- Place the zucchini fry on an air fryer rack prepped with nonstick cooking spray. Repeat the process with the remaining zucchini slices.
- You may need to air fry in 2-3 batches. Air fry at 375 degrees F for 7-9 minutes, until golden. Enjoy immediately. Please see notes for baking directions.
- No air fryer? These fries can be baked in a conventional oven at 425 degrees F. Simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and lightly coat in nonstick cooking spray. Spread evenly and bake for 8-10 minutes, then flip fries and bake for another 8-10 minutes until crispy.
- This recipe can be made gluten-free using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend and gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs.