Taquitos are a fun finger food, perfect for football watching! This version is baked, which cuts down on the fat content without losing any of your favorite flavors.
Serving Size: 1 taquito (50g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 116 calories / 11.5g carbs / 6.5g protein / 3g fat
- 2 cups (230g) pre-cooked shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup (124g) salsa verde
- ½ cup (160g) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 6, (270g) 8-inches flour tortillas
Optional garnishes: cilantro & sliced green onions, drizzle of sour cream, lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, salsa, shredded cheese, cumin, and garlic powder. Divide the mixture between the tortillas and roll up (leaving ends exposed).
- Transfer the rolled tortillas to the baking sheet, seam side down.
- Coat with a mist of olive oil spray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Cut in half to serve.
- Garnish with cilantro, sliced green onions, a drizzle of sour cream, or fresh lime wedges. Serve with your favorite salsa and guacamole for a fun dipping platter (macros not included).
- For the chicken: use rotisserie, buy pre-shredded from the deli section, or make your own ahead of time.
- Substitute corn tortillas for flour to easily make this recipe gluten-free (macros will vary).
- Use any variety of salsa verde as macros are very similar across brands.