Buffalo cauliflower is a fun twist on Buffalo chicken wings with the same classic flavors you love! These are baked instead of fried and are a great plant-based option for your next game-day party.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving Size: 75g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 62 calories / 10.5g carbs / 4.5g protein / 0g fat
- 12 ounce (340g) pre-chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 large (66g) egg whites
- ¼ cup (32g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60g) “Frank’s RedHot” Buffalo wing sauce
Optional garnishes: cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add cauliflower florets to a large bowl. Whisk the egg whites lightly with a fork and then toss with the florets to coat.
- Mix flour and seasonings in a separate small dish and then pour into the bowl. Toss well until evenly distributed.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets to the sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes, uninterrupted. Gently flip each floret and return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the broiler on high.
- Pour the Buffalo sauce over the cauliflower, coating the florets as evenly as possible, and return to the oven for 2-3 final minutes until bubbly and browned on the edges.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice, carrot and celery sticks for a similar presentation to chicken wings (macros not included).
- The cauliflower bites lose their crispness as they rest, be sure to serve immediately after cooking.
- Any brand of Buffalo sauce can be used but macros may vary.