Who’s ready for the holiday baking season?? We are! With this macro-friendly cookie recipe on hand there’s no reason to skip dessert. Our Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Cookies are chewy, chocolatey, and super soft. Oh, and they’re dairy-free, ready in 20 minutes, and DELICIOUS too! These cookies are the perfect gift for friends, family, coworkers, neighbors (or yourself), so get baking!
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 120 calories / 18.5g carbs / 2.5g protein / 3.5g fat
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large candy cane
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by spraying with nonstick cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, almond butter, egg, milk, and vanilla with a whisk or fork.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. The dough should be thick and sticky.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet (about 1 ½ tablespoons per cookie) to form 16 cookies. Roll into balls with damp hands and press down lightly with your palm to slightly flatten them.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. While the cookies are baking crush the candy cane. Our favorite method is to place it in a small zip-top plastic bag, wrap in a thin kitchen towel, and use a heavy pan or rolling pin to smash the candy until it’s finely ground.
- When the cookies are done remove the baking sheet from the oven. Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Cool the cookies to room temperature. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or the freezer for up to 5 months.
- You can also use regular fat-free milk instead of unsweetened almond milk. Macros per cookie: 18.5C/3P/3.5F.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.