This classic cheeseburger recipe uses the “smashburger” technique to create a burger that’s charred and crispy.
Serving Size: 1 burger (215g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 405 calories / 33g carb / 32g pro / 15g fat
- 1 pound of 93% lean ground beef (454g)
- 2 pieces “Kraft” big slice cheddar cheese (cut in half) (46g)
- 4 “Dave’s Killer Bread” whole grain hamburger buns (248g)
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 (150g) medium ripe tomato (sliced)
- 12 slices red onion (thinly sliced)
Optional garnishes: pickles, ketchup, mustard
- Preheat a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Separate the ground beef into four, 4-ounce portions, then add them to the skillet and flatten with a metal spatula. Sprinkle each with salt and/or pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the bottom is crispy. Flip, season with salt and top each with a piece of the cheese. Cover and let cook until it reaches desired level of doneness.
- Serve on buns (you can toast them if you want) and top with lettuce, tomato, pickles and red onion. Garnish with ketchup, mustard, or condiment of choice (macros may vary).
- Customize your burger by substituting any variety of cheese or omit entirely for a lower fat option. Macros will vary across cheese types and brands.