Are these not the cutest mini sandwiches you’ve ever seen?! Deli turkey and cheddar cheese are layered between thick cucumber slices for the perfect snack. A fun way to get kids (or adults) to eat their veggies, too!
Tags: gluten-free, snack, family friendly, on-the-go, meal prep
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 206 calories / 4g carbs / 22.5g protein / 8.5g fat
- 10 cucumber slices (70g)
- 3oz (85g) “Hormel Natural Choice” smoked deli turkey (about 5 slices)
- ¾ oz (21g) “Kraft” reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Slice cheese into about ten 1-inch square slices.
- To assemble each sandwich, lay out 1 cucumber slice and top with 2 slices cheese and 1 slice of folded deli meat. Top with another cucumber slice. Repeat five times to use up all of the ingredients.
- Hint: if it’s easier, slice the cheese into 5 pieces rather than 10 and layer each cucumber sandwich with 1 thicker slice of cheese. Slice the cucumber on the thick side to make a sturdy base for the fillings!
- It’s best to eat these sandwiches within a few hours assembling (so the cheese doesn’t get soggy). If meal prepping for the week, measure and slice the individual ingredients and store in zip-top bags until ready to enjoy.