If you’re looking for new on-the-go snack ideas, we’ve got the recipe for you! These High Protein Energy Bites are so easy to make (no blending required) and they taste just like a peanut butter cookie. With 5 grams of protein per bite, they are perfect for fueling even the busiest of days!
Makes: 12 bites
Serving Size: 1 bite
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 106 calories / 11.5g carbs / 5.5g protein / 5g fat
- ½ cup (40g) quick oats
- 1 ½ rounded scoops (44g) Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (92g) natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (85g) honey
- 1 teaspoon fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (28g) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (we used “Nestle Toll House”)
- Mix the first four ingredients (oats, protein powder, cinnamon, salt) together in a medium mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients (peanut butter, honey, milk, and vanilla) and stir well with a fork or spatula. The dough will be thick!
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Use a spoon to scoop about 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll between your palms to form a ball. You should have a total of 12 energy bites.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before enjoying. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can use almost any flavor of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey protein powder. Our favorites for these energy bites are vanilla, chocolate, or mocha cappuccino.
- You can also substitute maple syrup or agave nectar for the honey (macros will vary slightly.)
- The dough should be relatively dry and thick. If it’s so dry that it’s not coming together into cohesive balls, add an extra teaspoon of milk.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you