A simple and delicious set-it-and-forget-it chicken and potatoes recipe.
Serving Size: 100g chicken + 200g potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 327 calories / 34.5g carb / 29.5g pro / 8g fat
- 1 pound (454g) boneless skinless chicken breast (pounded to ½” thickness)
- 24 ounces (630g) baby potatoes (chopped if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240g) chicken broth
Optional garnishes: lemons, fresh thyme
- Rub chicken with one tablespoon of the olive oil. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Season everything evenly with the poultry seasoning and salt.
- Pour the broth in the instant pot, then add the chicken followed by the potatoes. Put the lid on, turn to lock it in place and and make sure the vent is in the “sealed” position. Press the poultry button. If your instant pot doesn’t have a poultry button, set for high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the cook time is complete, place a towel over the steam valve and use a wooden spoon to release the steam (careful not to put your hand too close). Once all steam is released, the metal float valve will drop and it’s safe to open the lid. Check the temperature of the chicken to ensure it’s safely cooked to 165 degrees and then transfer the chicken and potatoes to a serving platter. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and garnish with herbs as desired.
- If the potatoes are very small it’s probably not necessary to chop them. If you buy the larger red or yukon gold potatoes, halve or quarter to ensure they are all the same size.