If one pot meals are your jam you’re going to love this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice! Creamy brown rice and shredded chicken are flavored with bold Spanish style spices – easy comfort food at its finest! This family friendly recipe is perfect for make-ahead meal prep or a quick weeknight meal.
Serving Size: 1 ½ cups (320g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 354 calories / 46g carbs / 33g protein / 4.5g fat
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice (rinsed and drained)
- 1 large bell pepper (diced)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ lb chicken breasts (whole)
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas and carrots
- Mix the rinsed rice, chicken broth, bell pepper, and spices together in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Make sure there’s nothing stuck to the sides of the pot to avoid a burn warning.
- Place the chicken breasts on top. Secure the lid and set the Instant Pot to “high pressure” for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken and rice are cooking, set the 1 ½ cups of frozen peas and carrots out to defrost.
- When the Instant Pot is finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the chicken breasts, stir in the peas and carrots, and replace the lid to warm the veggies. Dice or shred the chicken and return to the Instant Pot. Stir well. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s easiest to rinse rice using a fine mesh strainer. If you don’t have one, place the rice in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Stir with a spoon for 1-2 minutes and then drain off the water.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.