This fresh vegetable side dish is inspired by the flavors of Mexican street corn.
Serving Size: scant 1/2 cup (101g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 118 calories / 17g carb / 3.5g pro / 2.5g fat
- 16-ounce bag (454g) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup light sour cream (60g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (35g) queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 small jalapeño (seeded and minced) Optional garnishes: extra lime wedges and cilantro
- Heat the corn in a large skillet over medium low.
- Meanwhile, add sour cream, lime juice, chili powder and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the corn to the bowl with the dressing and add the queso fresco, cilantro, and jalapeño (optional). Season with salt to taste.
- This dish is best served warm, but can also be made ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator and bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Queso fresco is fresh, mild, Mexican cheese. If this is unavailable, consider using feta or Cotija cheese.