Our Paleo Gingersnap Cookies are the perfect treat for your next big baking day! Whether you’re looking to bring a dessert to your next group gathering or you’re just craving something sweet, these festive spiced cookies will wow your tastebuds.
Makes: 13 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 145 calories / 16.5g carbs / 4.5g protein / 8g fat
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125g) smooth natural almond butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon (14g) coconut oil (softened)
- ¼ cup (84g) blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup (48g) coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup (91g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the egg, egg yolk, softened almond butter and softened coconut oil together until smooth.
- Then add the coconut sugar and molasses. Continue to mix until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until fully blended. It should be a sticky consistency.
- Chill dough in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until it thickens.
- Use a spoon or cookie dough scoop to scoop the dough in heaping tablespoons on the parchment paper, then gently flatten. You should have 13 cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops crack.
- Be careful not to overbake the cookies. Due to their thick texture, they can crack and turn out dry if baked for too long.
- Feel free to add more coconut sugar and cinnamon on top for added flavor. Macros will vary.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.