We put a fall twist on yet another Kitchen favorite and came up with: Pumpkin Morning Glory Macro Bread! This seasonal limited edition recipe is full of fiber and protein goodness, it’s a breakfast or snack to feel great about. Top your slice with butter, vegan butter, or your favorite nut butter!
Makes: 10 slices
Serving Size: 1 slice (109g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Nutrition Facts: 180 calories / 29g carbs / 11g protein / 3.5g fat
- 3 eggs (150g)
- ½ cup (120g) unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup (85g) honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium (236g) bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup (240g) canned pumpkin
- 1 cup (84g) quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (120g) whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops (82g) “Vega Sport” vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oats (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a loaf pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray or lining with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients (eggs, honey, vanilla extract, and almond milk) together in a large bowl.
- Then mix in the bananas and the canned pumpkin.
- Add the dry ingredients (protein powder, oats, flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) and stir well with a fork.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oats and press lightly into the surface of the batter with your fingers.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and a skewer or knife just comes out clean. Be careful not to over-bake, the loaf may dry out!
- Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan by turning upside down onto the cooling rack. Continue to cool to room temperature.
- Serve plain, topped with butter, vegan butter, honey, or nut butter. This bread is also delicious toasted!
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.