This lean version of classic pulled barbeque pork will have you all kinds of ready for summer! You can use an Instant Pot or slow cooker – either method will result in juicy, flavorful pulled pork that is right at home along with our Rainbow Thai Coleslaw. This recipe is great for meal prep and freezes well too!
Serving Size: 6.5 ounces (184g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: Instant Pot: 50 minutes, slow cooker: 4-8 hours
Nutrition Facts: 197 calories / 7.5g carbs / 30g protein / 5g fat
- 2 lb (907g) boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 cup (205g) fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped (240g) yellow onion (about 1 medium)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Slice the pork tenderloins into 3 pieces each. Sear in a hot, dry pan until golden brown on all sides.
- Instant Pot instructions: mix all ingredients together in the instant pot. Set to “high pressure” and cook for 35 minutes. Do a manual pressure release. Remove the pork from the pot, shred with 2 forks, and return to the Instant Pot and mix with the juices.
- Slow cooker instructions: place all ingredients in a slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours, or until the pork is tender and falling apart. Shred the pork with 2 forks and return to the slow cooker.
- Serve as a sandwich or taco filling, salad topper, or alongside your favorite sides.
If you serve this Smoky Pulled Pork along with a “Pepperidge Farm” whole wheat hamburger bun and a serving of our Rainbow Thai Coleslaw, the macros per serving are: 42.5C/40P/11.5F and 430 calories.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.