Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach add a flavorful Italian spin to a classic meal prep favorite. Skip the cheese or add any leftover veggies you have on hand – this recipe is super versatile!
Serving Size: 2 egg cups (about 100g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 132 calories / 3g carbs / 15g protein / 6g fat
- 1 ½ cups (366g) liquid egg whites
- 4 eggs (200g)
- 4 cups (120g) packed baby spinach
- ½ cup (27g) sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- ½ cup (50g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by spraying well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 2 minutes. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the spinach with a paper towel and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, eggs, and salt. Stir in the sundried tomatoes, Parmesan, spinach.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs are puffy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5-10 minutes. The egg cups will sink, but don’t worry this is normal! Remove the egg cups from the pan using a knife to loosen, and continue cooling to room temperature.
- Serve alongside oatmeal, toast, fresh fruit, or yogurt. Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To make this recipe dairy-free and Paleo/Whole30 friendly, omit the Parmesan cheese. The macros per 2 egg cups are: 3g carbs / 11g protein / 4g fat / 98 calories.
- Feel free to use any brand of sundried tomatoes. Be sure to slice them into strips if you buy sundried tomato halves.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.