This Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef is melt-in-your-mouth tender! We’re using a lightened-up homemade teriyaki sauce that is sweet and tangy and all kinds of delicious. This meal is great for meal prep and can be served alongside rice and veggies or as a sandwich filling!
Serving Size: 4 oz (113g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 5-6 hours
Nutrition Facts: 241 calories / 21.5g carbs / 29.5g protein / 4g fat
Nutrition Facts with ½ cup cooked white rice and ½ cup steamed broccoli: 378 calories / 49g carbs / 34.5g protein / 6g fat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup soy sauce (or Tamari if gluten-free)
- ½ cup (110g) packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (9g), minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ lb (680g) top round beef
- Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small saucepan. Add the soy sauce or Tamari, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 1-2 minutes while whisking. Remove from heat.
- Slice beef into thin strips (about ¼-inch wide). Add to the slow cooker along with the teriyaki sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours, or until the beef is tender and falling apart.
- Serve over rice with steamed broccoli. Garnish with green onions or sesame seeds if desired.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.