These Trail Mix Protein Cookies are filled with oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit – perfect for fueling a busy day or long workout! Plus with no added oil or butter, these portable treats are healthy enough for an on-the-go breakfast, snack, OR dessert.
Makes: 12 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 146 calories / 22g carbs / 7g protein / 4g fat
- 2 cups (160g) old-fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups (338g) ripe mashed banana (about 3 medium or 4 small bananas)
- 2 scoops (62g) Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard vanilla whey protein
- ⅓ cup (28g) sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup (44g) “Craisins” original dried cranberries
- ¼ cup (16g) raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 3 tablespoons (42g) “Nestle Toll House” mini semi-sweet morsels
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or silicone baking mat, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet to form each cookie, flattening with the back of a spoon to create a round cookie shape. Repeat for the rest of the batter to make about 12 cookies. You can arrange the cookies close together on the baking sheet since they will not spread or rise during baking.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Cool completely on a baking rack. Store at room temperature for up to five days, refrigerate for up to a week, or freeze for up to three months.
- If you decide to use our favorite Optimum Nutrition protein powder you can use code “MACROSTAX” for 20% off your purchase!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.