This 15 minute Vegan Italian Sausage Pasta skillet dinner is so full of flavor and texture you’ll never even notice it’s meat free! Gluten-free chickpea pasta adds a healthy dose of fiber and protein, and mushrooms and spinach throw in an extra serving of veggies for the day. And when you add in marinara and Italian spiced meat-free sausage – it’s hard to resist this flavorful meal!
Serving Size: 1 ¾ cups (280g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 437 calories / 43.5g carbs / 37g protein / 15.5g fat
- 5 oz (143g) uncooked Banza chickpea rotini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 links (368g) “Field Roast” Italian sausage (sliced)
- 8 oz (227g) sliced mushrooms (1 standard container)
- 1 ½ cups (375g) “Bertolli” marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups (90g) baby spinach
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and sausage to the pan and saute for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are softened and the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add the spinach, marinara, and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce is warmed through and the spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss with chickpea pasta and serve. Garnish with parsley, basil, or red pepper flakes if desired.
- You can substitute most brands of marinara, the macros are generally fairly similar!