It doesn’t get any easier than this! These enchiladas require just five ingredients. Use a sauce with your preferred level of heat and serve with all of your favorite fixings.
Serving Size: 1 enchilada (216g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 301 calories / 29.5g carbs / 24.5g protein / 11g fat
- 3 cups precooked shredded chicken breast (459g)
- 1, 15-ounce can (425g) “Hatch” green chile enchilada sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 (294g) “Mission” 7-8” flour tortillas
- 1 cup (112g) shredded Mexican blend cheese
Optional garnishes: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cilantro leaves, avocado, sliced jalapenos.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and add ½ cup of the enchilada sauce, spreading it around to coat the bottom. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken with ½ cup of the enchilada sauce and salt. Toss until well coated. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Fill each tortilla with ½ cup of the chicken mixture and roll, placing seam-side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top, then sprinkle cheese evenly. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and completely melted.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, avocado slices, fresh cilantro, or sliced jalapenos (macros not included).
- Corn tortillas can also be used but will likely require 10-12 instead of 6 as they are smaller. Different brands of flour tortillas can also be substituted. Macros will vary.
- Use any brand of green chile sauce but note that macros will vary across brands.