Sometimes simple is best! Throw together these quick tacos in 5 minutes or less and dinner is served. On busy nights harnessing convenience is always a good idea 🙂
Serving size: 2 tacos
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 355 calories / 42g carbs / 27.5g protein / 6.5g fat
- 2 “Mission” corn tortillas (48g)
- 3oz (85g) rotisserie chicken breast (shredded or diced)
- ¼ cup (65g) “Rosarita” no fat traditional refried beans
- ¼ cup (35g) cooked white rice (we used “Uncle Ben’s” Ready Rice)
- 2 tablespoons (33g) “Pace” mild chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons (14g) “Kraft” shredded Mexican blend cheese
- fresh cilantro, lime wedges, or diced red onion
- Lay out the tortillas. Divide the refried beans between the tortillas and spread evenly in the center of each. Top each with rice, chicken, salsa, and shredded cheese.
- Heat in the microwave on high heat for about 60 seconds or until warmed through and the cheese is melted. Fold in half and enjoy!
- You can use any salsa, the macros are generally almost identical.
- Feel free to use leftover baked or grilled chicken breast instead of the rotisserie chicken, or brown rice instead of the white rice (the macros are the same.)
- Time saver tip: use instant rice to save time!