What’s better than cozy oatmeal on a chilly spring morning? Even cozier Baked Apple Maple Oatmeal Squares that you meal prepped ahead of time! This vegan recipe is super easy to prepare and makes a large batch, so you can cross breakfast or snacks off your list for the week!
Serving Size: 1 square (125g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 187 calories / 35.5g carbs / 5g protein / 4g fat
- 3 cups (720g) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup (158g) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (61g) unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons (20g) ground flaxseed
- 5 cups (400g) old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium apple (182g) (peeled and diced small)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish by spraying well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the wet ingredients (almond milk through flaxseed) together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the dry ingredients (oats, spices, and salt). Mix until combined.
- Stir in the diced apple. Spoon the oat batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is just set and the edges are a light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack.
- Slice into 12 squares.
- Serve topped with sliced fruit, cinnamon, vanilla Greek yogurt, or maple syrup (macros not included.)
- You can use any variety of apple for this recipe. Our favorites are Fuji or Honeycrisp!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.