This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad just screams spring! Fresh chopped veggies, protein-rich quinoa, a simple lemon dressing, and Feta cheese make this meal prep friendly salad extra special. Enjoy with simple greens or a protein of your choice to make it a meal!
Serving Size: 1 ⅓ cup (195g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 294 calories / 33.5g carbs / 9.5g protein / 14.5g fat
- 1 cup (170g) uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups (270g) diced tomato
- 1 ½ cups (156g) chopped cucumber
- ½ cup (120g) finely diced red onion
- ½ cup (50g) finely chopped parsley
- 2 lemons, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (56g) “Athenos” reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- Rinse the quinoa well under cold running water using a fine mesh strainer. Add to a medium saucepan along with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes. The quinoa is ready when the water is absorbed and it’s tender. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Mix the tomato, cucumber, onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked quinoa and mix well. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy alone, atop a salad, or alongside the protein of your choice.
- To speed the quinoa cooling process, spread onto a large plate so it has more air exposure.
- If you don’t have a fine mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa in a large bowl full of cold water. Stir for 1-2 minutes and then drain off the water.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.