Our newest recipe, Zoodles with Vegan “Meat” Sauce, is a plant-based spin on one of our most popular recipes! We’re swapping out ground turkey for Beyond Meat burger ground and we’re not mad about it. This vegan recipe is great for meal prep, and you can easily freeze the sauce for later too!
Serving Size: 2 cups (236g) zoodles with 1 ⅓ cup (310g) sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 440 calories / 37.5g carbs / 29.5g protein / 20g fat
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium (47g) onion (finely diced)
- 1 lb (454g) “Beyond Meat” Beyond Burger ground
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 28 oz (794 g) canned crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 cups (944g) uncooked zucchini “pasta” (zoodles)
- Saute onions in olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, add the ground beef substitute and Italian seasoning to pot, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add crushed tomatoes and salt to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, lightly saute the spiralized zoodles until just softened, about 2-4 minutes or per package directions.
- Serve zoodles topped with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh basil or cheese alternative if desired (macros not included.)
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.