Brownies for breakfast? Don’t mind if we do! These oat-based breakfast bars have cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and chocolate protein to satisfy even the biggest chocolate lovers.
Servings: 8 brownie bars
Serving Size: 1 brownie bar (104g)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 206 calories / 28.5g carbs / 11.5g protein / 5.5g fat
- 2 cups (160g) quick oats
- 2 scoops (61g) “Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey” double rich chocolate flavor
- 2 tablespoon (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (244g) 2% milk
- ½ cup (122g) unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup (80g) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large (100g) eggs
- ¼ cup (42g) “Nestle Toll House” semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the oatmeal batter into the baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.