With protein and pumpkin flavor in every bite, these portable balls are the perfect fall snack.
Makes: 12 bites
Serving Size: 1 bite (30g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 104 calories / 12.5g carbs / 6g protein / 3.5g fat
- 1 cup (80g) quick oats
- 2 scoops (62g) “Optimum Nutrition” Gold Standard 100% whey protein, vanilla ice cream
- 2 teaspoons (4g) pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5g) salt
- ¼ cup (64g) almond butter
- ¼ cup (61g) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (85g) honey
- Whisk oats, whey protein, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl.
- Then add almond butter, pumpkin puree, and honey, stirring until combined well.
- Use a spoon or small cookie scoop to portion approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into 12 balls.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Optional: drizzle with melted white chocolate (macros not included).
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ½ teaspoon ground ginger.
- You can substitute almond butter for any other nut butter. Macro changes will be negligible.
- You can substitute the vanilla whey protein powder for a different flavor such as chocolate, pumpkin, or chai spice for even more pumpkin flavor.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the whey powder for plant based protein powder and the honey for maple syrup or agave nectar. Macros and consistency of batter may vary.