Watch out, one-pan meals are taking over the meal prep world! And our Balsamic Baked Chicken and Sweet Potato is up there with the best. This one dish meal is flavored with tangy balsamic mustard sauce and comes together in 10 minutes or less. This Paleo-friendly recipe will be right at home in your weekly rotation!
Serving Size: 1 cup (150g) sweet potato and about 4oz cooked chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 363 calories / 43.5g carbs / 34.5g protein / 3.5g fat
¼ cup (64g) balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves (6g) (minced)
2 tablespoons (31g) whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons (40g) maple syrup
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ lb (567g) chicken breasts
5 cups (665g) sweet potato (peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes, about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
Optional: rosemary (2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil or spray well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients together in a small bowl. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a dry nonstick skillet over high heat and sear the chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Add the cubed sweet potato to the baking dish, spreading in an even layer around the chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with rosemary (if using.) Pour the balsamic glaze over the chicken and sweet potato.
- Cover the dish with foil, bake for 20-25 minutes, and then check the chicken. When the chicken is cooked with no pink remaining, remove the chicken breasts from the dish and set aside to rest.
- Return the sweet potatoes to the oven (still covered with foil) for an additional 15 minutes or until tender.
- You can skip the chicken browning step, just increase the chicken baking time by 3-5 minutes.