Toasty bread loaded with cheesy chicken and tangy Buffalo sauce – does it get any better?
Serving Size: 1 sandwich (198g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 402 calories / 31g carbs / 31.5g protein / 19g fat
- 1 cup (108g) onion (chopped)
- 2 oz (56g) ⅓ less fat cream cheese (softened)
- 2 oz (56g) extra sharp cheddar (grated)
- ¼ cup (60g) light ranch dressing
- ½ cup (120g) Buffalo wing sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces (280g) shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 slices (224g) “Dave’s Killer” thin-sliced white bread
- 4 slices (84g) low moisture part-skim mozzarella
- Mix together softened cream cheese and sharp cheddar. Add ranch, Buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Toss chicken with Buffalo-cheese mixture and divide equally between four pieces of bread. Top with a cheese slice and second piece of bread.
- Set a large pan over medium-high heat, spray with nonstick cooking spray, and add sandwich. Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until the outsides are toasted and the chicken is heated through.
- To make this recipe gluten free, substitute the bread for a gluten free variety such as Against the Grain or Glutino.
- These sandwiches are best consumed right after assembly, but the chicken mixture can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature before starting or it will not blend well with the other ingredients. Leave it on the countertop to soften for an hour or two before cooking or microwave on high for 15 seconds prior to use.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.