Nestled into a spiced rice with tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions, these juicy chicken thighs are bursting with Cajun flavor and make an easy dinner to put together.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/6 recipe (116g chicken thigh and 183g rice)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 443 calories / 48g carbs / 34.5g protein / 11g fat
- 2 tablespoons (27g) olive oil
- 6 pieces (32-ounces/ 896 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons (40g) Cajun seasoning (divided)
- 1 ½ cups (270g) uncooked white long-grain rice
- 2 cups (480g) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 large (186g) red bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 large (186g) yellow bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 large (186g) yellow onion (julienned)
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and place on medium high heat.
- Rub and season the chicken with two tablespoons of the Cajun seasoning and add to the skillet. Let cook for 6-8 minutes without disturbing. Flip and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooked thoroughly, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the rice, chicken broth, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and remaining tablespoon of Cajun seasoning to the skillet. Stir to mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cover for 20-25 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cover until the chicken is heated to 165 degrees, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.