These bite sized salad-on-a-sticks are the perfect summer appetizer. With all the flavor of classic caprese and no fork required, it’s hard to go wrong! This recipe only has 5 ingredients and couldn’t be easier.
Makes: 16 appetizer-sized skewers
Serving Size: 2 skewers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 45 calories / 2g carbs / 3g protein / 2.5g fat
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves
Other: 16 3-4” wood cocktail skewers
- Place the balsamic vinegar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the balsamic vinegar is thickened and reduced by about half (it will continue to thicken as it cools). Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime prepare the skewers. Dice the mozzarella into ¼-oz cubes. Slice each basil leaf in half or thirds.
- Stack 1 cube of cheese, 2 tomatoes, and 2 fresh basil pieces on each skewer. You should have a for a total of 12 skewers.
- Drizzle the skewers with the balsamic reduction.
- This recipe is easy to multiply for a crowd!
- If you want to make these ahead of time, refrigerate the skewers for up to 24 hours (covered), stored separately from the balsamic reduction. Drizzle just before serving.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.