This tasty breakfast bar has all of the warming flavors of carrot cake, but in oatmeal form! Just mix together a few simple ingredients and breakfast is prepped for the week.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 bar (149g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 310 calories / 38g carbs / 21g protein / 9g fat
- 2 cups dry (160g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup (48g) chia seeds
- 2 scoops (62g) “Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey”, vanilla ice cream flavor
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (244g) 2% milk
- 1 cup (255g) whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large (100g) eggs
- ¼ cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1 cup (110g) grated carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats, chia seeds, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, Greek yogurt, eggs, and maple syrup.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold the grated carrots into the oatmeal.
- Pour the oatmeal into the baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with pecans, Greek yogurt, and a dash of cinnamon. Macros will vary.
- This oatmeal is lightly sweetened. For sweeter bars, increase the maple syrup to ⅓ cup or serve with a drizzle of maple syrup. Macros not included.
- Use any variety of Greek yogurt but know that macros will vary with substitutions.