Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cups are our favorite way to eat vegetables (and dessert) for breakfast! Naturally sweetened and packed full of oats, carrots, and walnuts, this on-the-go breakfast has some serious staying power.
Makes: 12 oatmeal cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 143 calories / 22.5g carbs / 5g protein / 4g fat
- 1 cup fat-free “Fairlife” milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray well with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the milk, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the oats, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and stir well.
- Fold in the grated carrot and chopped walnuts.
- Spoon the oat batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each to the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Place on a cooling rack and cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Dairy-free/vegan version: substitute 1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk for the Fairlife milk and add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed to the wet ingredients instead of the eggs. Macros: 133 calories / 22.5g carbs / 3.5g protein / 4g fat.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon and ½ teaspoon nutmeg instead.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.