Meat? Check. Pasta? Check. Cheese? Double check. These melty layers are calling your name! This Turkey Lasagna is a (slightly) lighter version of our favorite comfort food, but still has everything we love about this classic dish.
Serving Size: ⅛ of dish (about 240g)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 399 calories / 32.5g carbs / 31.5g protein / 17.5g fat
- 1 1b (453g) 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 28-oz can (794g) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 6-oz can (170g) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (496g) “Sargento” part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg (50g)
- ¼ cup (25g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 ½ cups (280g) “Kraft” shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 sheets (212g) “Barilla” oven-ready lasagne pasta
- Sauté the ground turkey in a saucepan or large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain the excess liquid from the pan.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and ½ teaspoon of salt to the pan and stir well. Use a wooden spoon to break up the whole tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10-15 minutes (no lid), stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Spread about 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Place 4 noodles on top of the sauce, covering the bottom of the dish.
- Top the noodles with about ⅓ of the remaining sauce. Spread to evenly cover the noodles.
- Spoon half of the ricotta mixture over the sauce, spreading as evenly as possible with a knife or spatula. Sprinkle with ¾ cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat, layering 4 more lasagne noodles topped with half of the remaining meat sauce, all of the remaining ricotta, and ¾ cup of mozzarella.
- Layer the remaining 4 lasagne noodles and top with the remaining meat sauce and the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly!
- You can also use regular lasagne noodles. Boil per package instructions before assembling the lasagna layers.
- You can freeze this dish before baking: cover the assembled lasagna tightly with plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before baking per recipe instructions.