These chai flavored cookie bars are wonderfully dense and chewy, and delightfully spiced with strong flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
Makes: 16 servings
Serving Size: 1 cookie bar (48g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 129 calories / 16g carbs / 1.5g protein / 7.5g fat
- 1 ½ cups (188g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup (112g) refined coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup (110g) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together the flour, baking soda, salt, and all the spices. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the melted coconut oil and brown sugar. Then mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. The dough should be relatively dense and stick together easily, like a paste.
- Transfer the dough to a greased or lined 8×8 baking pan and press down until the surface is flat and even.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden brown on top.
- Cut into squares, drizzle with extra icing, and enjoy!
- If you prefer cookie bars that are not quite as spiced, reduce the cardamom by ½ tsp and omit the nutmeg.
- Top with your favorite drizzle, if desired. Macros not included.