Busy? Love cheese? We’re here for you! Our Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken uses only 5 ingredients (and a slow cooker) and is THE creamiest shredded chicken you’ll ever taste! It’s perfect for a sandwich filling, party dip, or pasta mix-in.
Serving Size: 1 cup (210g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Nutrition Facts: 355 calories / 8.5g carbs / 38.5g protein / 16.5g fat
- 2 ½ lbs (1134g) chicken breasts
- 2 blocks (16oz, 454g) Philadelphia “33% less fat” cream cheese
- 1 10-oz can (190g) “Rotel” diced tomatoes with green chiles (mild)
- 1 packet (29g) “Ranch” seasoning
- 1 cup (85g) shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- The chicken is ready when it’s fall-apart tender. Shred with 2 forks.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and stir. Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.
- Serve as a sandwich filling, taco/burrito filling, party dip, or atop rice or pasta.
- To decrease the cook time cut the chicken breasts in half before placing in the slow cooker.
- This chicken is very freezer friendly. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.