Melty cheese, shredded chicken, and black beans folded in a crispy golden brown tortilla. Recharge your macro batteries with this quick Chicken Quesadilla – all it takes is 10 minutes and 5 ingredients!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 490 calories / 46.5g carbs / 37.5g protein / 16g fat
- 2 ½ ounces (71g) cooked chicken breast (shredded or diced)
- 3 tablespoons (45g) black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 tablespoons (50g) salsa
- 1 10-inch “Mission” flour tortilla (72g)
- ⅓ cup (30g) shredded “Kraft” Mexican blend cheese
- In a small bowl mix together the chicken, black beans, and salsa. Heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warmed through.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on one half of the tortilla. Top with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Fold in half.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the quesadilla on the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, without turning, or until the underside is golden brown.
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. The quesadilla is ready when the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden and crispy.
- Slice into wedges and enjoy with an extra side of salsa, sour cream, or guacamole (macros not included) if desired.
- Feel free to use any brand of cheese, salsa, and tortillas. The macros are generally very similar.
- Time saver tip: buy pre-cooked chicken breast or use rotisserie chicken.