These vegan burgers aren’t lacking in flavor or texture. Even meat-eaters will love them!
Serving Size: 1 burger with bun=92g [chickpea burger (64 grams) + bun (28 grams)]
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 258 calories / 37.5g carbs / 11.5g protein / 7g fat
- 15-ounce can (214g) canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup (23g) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons (28g) tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (112g) whole wheat slider buns
- Optional for serving: lettuce, tomatoes, sliced avocado, red onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard
- Add chickpeas, oats, tahini, parsley, chipotle pepper, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Divide the mixture into four portions and roll into balls. Use your palms to lightly form each into a patty.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with olive oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray (macros will vary).
- Add the patties and cook until slightly brown and crispy (about 3-4 minutes). Flip and repeat on the second side.
- Serve on toasted slider buns. Top with fresh tomatoes, red onion, avocado, or any of your favorite burger toppings (macros will vary).
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are a canned product that can usually be found close to canned green chiles or jalapenos. Any excess can be stored in the freezer and used at a later date.
- Tahini is a finely ground sesame paste that can be found in the same aisle as peanut butter. Tahini should be refrigerated after opening.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.