This harvest quinoa salad is packed with fall flavors, bringing warmth and comfort to your table. It’s full of nutrient-dense ingredients like kale, butternut squash, and quinoa, to help you feel super nourished and satisfied with every bite.
Serving Size: 1.5 cups (103g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 139 calories / 20g carbs / 3.5g protein / 5g fat
- ¾ cup (128g) uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (45g) raw kale (chopped)
- 1 cup (135g) cooked cubed butternut squash (see notes for optional cooking instructions)
- 1 cup (94g) apple (diced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and salt to make the dressing.
- When quinoa is cooked, toss with kale, apple, and squash. Add herbs, if using. Toss salad with the dressing and serve warm or cold.
- If you are cooking your own butternut squash, start by peeling the squash and removing the seeds. Cut into ½-inch cubes, place on a baking sheet and spray with 1-2 seconds of nonstick cooking spray. Use a sprinkle of cinnamon for extra flavor. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until it’s cooked and slightly soft, but still holds the cube shape.
- Store leftovers for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.