What’s quick, high in protein, and filled with delicious chocolate flavor? These pancakes! Diced strawberries, maple syrup, sliced bananas, or even extra chocolate chips make them taste even better. But if we’re being honest, you can never go wrong with just plain chocolate! Cook them in a skillet or make a portable “microwave mug” version on your way out the door.
Serving Size: 3, 4-inch flapjacks (43g each)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 244 calories / 32g carbs / 20g protein / 4g fat
- 1/2 cup (53g) “Kodiak Cakes” Power Cakes dark chocolate flapjack and waffle mix
- 3 tablespoons (46g) 100% egg whites (about 3 egg whites)
- 2 tablespoons (32g) nonfat milk
- In a small bowl mix together the flapjack mix, egg whites, and milk with a fork or whisk.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. When heated, spoon about 1/4 cup of mix into the center of the skillet (or more, if you prefer larger flapjacks.) Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the top. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter, making about 2-3 pancakes total, depending on the exact size.
- Microwave instructions: mix all ingredients (plus 2 tablespoons water) together in a large mug. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- These macros do not include toppings. Delicious topping ideas are: maple syrup, fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, or chocolate chips.
- Feel free to substitute your favorite “Kodiak Cakes” Power Cakes mix flavor. The macros do vary slightly.
- The pictured flapjacks are a double batch.
- You can follow the package directions for preparation (reference macros on the package Nutrition Facts label), but we adjusted the milk and egg quantities because we love extra tall, fluffy flapjacks!