It’s breakfast! It’s dessert! It’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding. Yep, that’s right. We officially made “breakfast dessert” a thing and we’re not one bit sorry. This high protein, naturally sweetened dark chocolate chia pudding is creamy, velvety, and the perfect base for your favorite mix-ins. Make a parfait with fruit, chocolate, or whipped cream to primp this recipe up for a special occasion. Or, you know, breakfast. You’re welcome!
Serving Size: 1 ½ cups (320g)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 362 calories / 29g carbs / 31.5g protein / 15g fat
- 1 cup (245g) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons (24g) chia seeds
- ¾ scoop (24g) “Vega Sport” vanilla performance protein
- 3 tablespoons (18g) “PB2” powdered peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons (10g) cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon (3g) maple syrup
- Place the almond milk and chia seeds in a blender and blend on high speed for 30-60 seconds. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If you don’t have a blender, just mix all ingredients together with a fork or whisk.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Top with fruit, nut butter, or any of the other delicious topping ideas below. Enjoy!
- Toppings are not included in the macro calculations above. However, these would all be delicious: fresh fruit, shredded coconut, cinnamon, nut butter, whipped cream, Greek yogurt, granola, or mini chocolate chips.
- Substitute any protein powder for the “Vega” Performance Protein. For reference: ¾ scoop has 2.5g carbs, 17g protein, and 1.5g fat. A chocolate flavored protein powder would also work well for this recipe!
- Make a double or trip batch and store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.