These high protein energy balls do double duty as a delicious snack OR dessert! They taste like a decadent treat but are perfect for an extra boost of on-the-go energy when you need it.
Makes: 12 balls
Serving Size: 1 ball
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 67 calories / 10g carbs / 3g protein / 1.5g fat
- 1 cup (124g) pitted medjool dates
- 1 scoop (31g) Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard double rich chocolate whey protein
- 2 tablespoons (10g) unsweetened 100% cocoa powder (divided)
- 2 tablespoons (32g) natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons (60g) nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon (7g) honey
- Add all ingredients except 1 teaspoon of the cocoa powder to a food processor and blend until ingredients are well mixed and it forms a sticky paste.
- Form 12 balls with your hands (each will be a heaping teaspoon in size).
- Place the remaining teaspoon of cocoa powder on a plate and roll each ball in the powder until covered.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can use any kind of nut butter you prefer and any kind of milk you prefer. Note that macros will vary.
- If you decide to use Optimum Nutrition products you can use code “MACROSTAX” for 20% off your purchase!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.