This tangy Cilantro Lime Black Bean Salad is everything you need for your first summer barbeque! A healthy side for your favorite grilled protein, a salsa, a salad topper: this oil-free, plant-based recipe does it all. Throw it together in 10 minutes or less, you won’t be sorry!
Serving Size: ¾ cup (123g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 150 calories / 29.5g carbs / 8g protein / 1g fat
- 1 15-oz can (425g) low sodium black beans, drained
- 1 cup (134g) frozen corn
- ¼ cup (45g) chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60g) finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ½ tablespoons (38g) fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly steam frozen corn for 2-3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Toss the black beans, corn, red onion, cilantro, and tomatoes along with the dressing. Enjoy
- You can also use low sodium canned corn or fresh corn, instead of the frozen corn.
- Fun additions: avocado, diced bell peppers, queso fresco, or diced mango or pineapple.
- This recipe pairs great with our Smoky Blackened Salmon