This fresh, healthy salad is as colorful as they come! It’s a great summer side dish that can do double duty at your next BBQ, or for next week’s meal prep.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 291 calories / 43g carbs / 8.5g protein / 9.5g fat
- 4 cups (660g) fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup (180g) fresh diced tomato
- 1 cup (24g) fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup (56g) “Athenos” reduced fat feta cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup (60g) diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons (27g) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30g) apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- If using fresh corn, cut the kernels from the ears and steam lightly in 1-2 inches of boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- If using frozen corn, steam in 1-2 inches of boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- To make this salad vegan omit the feta cheese.