Crab cakes are totally doable at home. This recipe calls for pre-cooked (canned) crab meat for convenience without sacrificing any of the great flavor.
Serving Size: 2 crab cakes with sauce (29g sauce, 120g crab cakes)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 230 calories / 11.5g carbs / 23g protein / 10g fat
- 16-ounces (454g) “Chicken of the Sea” premium real crab meat
- ¾ cup (68g) panko bread crumbs
- 1 large (50g) egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old-Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Lemon Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup (108g) light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zested
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine crab meat, panko bread crumbs, egg, mayonnaise, Dijon, parsley, Worcestershire, and Old Bay seasoning in a large bowl and gently mix (avoid over-stirring or they could fall apart when cooking). Divide into 10 small cakes (about a heaping ¼ cup each) and place on the lined sheet pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook crab cakes until browned on both sides (about 3 minutes per side), then transfer to a plate.
- Enjoy crab cakes plain, over a bed of greens, or in a sandwich (macros will vary).
- Drizzle with lemon cream sauce just before serving.
- Find the canned crab meat, which will be refrigerated, in the fish and seafood section of your grocery store. This variety is pre-cooked and ready-to-eat.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.