If you love spinach artichoke dip, you’re going to love this version of mac and cheese. It’s packed with flavor, uber creamy, and incredibly satisfying. Perfect for a cozy evening at home with the whole family.
Serving Size: 1 heaping cup (184g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 312 calories / 36 carbs / 17.5g protein / 11g fat
- 10 ounces (283g) shell-shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup (31g) flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups (490g) nonfat milk
- 2 cups (224g) reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (113g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (28g) grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 cups (60g) packed baby spinach
- 1 14-ounce can (240g dry wt) quartered artichoke hearts in water (drained)
- 2 tablespoons (14g) Italian-style bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare medium (about 8 x 11-inch) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large pot until melted. Whisk in flour, garlic powder, and onion powder until combined. Slowly add in milk and whisk until flour is dissolved and it begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in cheddar cheese, yogurt, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese until ingredients are well mixed. Add pasta, spinach, and artichokes, to the cheese sauce and stir until well combined and spinach begins to wilt.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs
- Bake for 15 minutes until heated through and bubbly.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave or oven.