This Cranberry Vanilla Granola Blend is the perfect crunchy, low-fat, low-sugar topping for your yogurt or smoothie bowl! We’re mixing super simple homemade granola with a high-fiber cereal. Healthier and cheaper than store-bought granola PLUS flavored with honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and cranberries? Sign me up!
Serving Size: ½ cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 157 calories / 25g carbs / 4.7g protein / 5.7g fat
- 3 cups (240g) old-fashioned oats – Oats, old fashioned
- ⅓ cup (44g) pumpkin seeds- pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon- cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (42g) canola or melted coconut oil- canola oil
- ¼ cup (84g) honey or maple syrup- honey
- 2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla- vanilla
- ⅓ cup (40g) dried cranberries- dried cranberries
- 3 cups (139g) Kashi GoLean cereal- Kashi golean
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix the oats, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, and vanilla and pour over the oat mixture. Stir well to combine, until all the oats are evenly coated.
- Spread the granola in a thin even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top layer of oats is lightly browned. Stir, and bake for another 3-5 minutes until the granola is uniformly golden brown.
- Remove the granola from the oven, stir in the dried cranberries, and let cool completely.
- Mix together the cereal and cooled granola. Serve with milk, yogurt, or sprinkle on oatmeal or overnight oats for extra crunch.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- Feel free to substitute any of your favorite nuts or seeds for the pumpkin seeds. Pecans, almonds, walnuts, or sunflower seeds would all work well.
- Use any cereal in place of the Kashi GoLean Original. Any high-fiber, low-sugar cereal (such as Mini Wheats, Bran Flakes, or Grape-Nuts) would be a great swap.