These 6-ingredient cookies are super easy to make, high in protein, AND are possibly the best portable breakfast or snack we’ve seen yet! Each cookie has almost 7 grams of protein and is jam packed full of good-for-you ingredients like bananas and oats. Get creative with the mix-ins: mini chocolate chips are delicious, but dried fruit and nuts would be amazing too!
Servings: 12 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 19g carbs / 6.5g protein / 2.75g fat / 119 calories
- 1 ½ cups (355g) ripe mashed banana (about 3 medium or 4 small bananas)
- 66g Vital Natural Vanilla Whey Protein (or your protein powder of choice)
- 2 cups (160g) old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup (56g) mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or silicone baking mat, or spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Spoon about three tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet to form each cookie, flattening with the back of a spoon to create a round cookie shape. Repeat for the rest of the batter to make about 12 cookies. You can arrange the cookies close together on the baking sheet since they will not spread or rise during baking.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack. Store at room temperature for up to five days, refrigerate for up to a week, or freeze for up to three months.
- Any protein powder can be substituted, however a vanilla or chocolate flavor would complement this recipe best.
- Make this recipe dairy-free by using a vegan protein powder and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- To ensure this recipe is gluten-free be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- The mix-ins are very customizable! Instead of the mini chocolate chips try dried cranberries, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or seeds (macros will vary).
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which may earn Macrostax a commission at no extra cost to you.