Easy, meet delicious! Zoodles with Easy Sundried Tomato Meat Sauce will soon become your new family favorite. This quick, whole food-based meal is made with low carb “zoodles” (zucchini noodles) topped with a super flavorful ground turkey meat sauce. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or make-ahead meal prep lunch!
Serving Size: 327 g (1 ⅓ cups) sauce + 76 g (1 ½ cups) zoodles
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 23g carbs / 27.5g protein / 10g fat / 263 calories
- 6 cups (304 g) spiralized zucchini noodles (“zoodles”)
- 28 oz (794 g) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb (454 g) raw ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion (55 g), finely diced
- ½ cup (27 g) sundried tomatoes in oil, drained well and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Saute onions in olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, add the ground turkey and Italian seasoning to pot, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add crushed tomatoes, drained sundried tomatoes, and salt to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, lightly saute the spiralized zoodles until just softened, about 2-4 minutes or per package directions.
- Serve zoodles topped with meat sauce. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
- This recipe is great for meal prep! Make the sauce in advance and store in a plastic storage bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before heating and serving.
- Other side options include: chickpea pasta, spiralized squash, beet, or carrot “noodles”, or regular pasta.
- Omit the meat for a vegetarian/vegan marinara alternative.