This make-ahead recipe is begging to join your weekday lunch rotation! Roasted cauliflower, quinoa, and chicken are tossed in a tangy vinaigrette flavored with curry powder. Plus these bright, bold flavors get better each day it’s stored in the fridge. Bonus!
Serving Size: 1 ⅓ cups (213g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 288 calories / 26g carbs / 27.5g protein / 8g fat
- 3 cups (321g) cauliflower (chopped into small bite-size pieces)
- 2 cups (370g) cooked quinoa
- 2 cups (280g) chopped cooked chicken breast
- ¼ cup pulp-free orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread chopped cauliflower on baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly browned.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by whisking together the orange juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, curry powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine the chopped chicken, quinoa, and roasted cauliflower. Add the dressing and toss lightly.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley if desired.
- Enjoy as-is or atop a bed of fresh greens. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. This salad gets even more flavorful with time!
- Use any color quinoa (we used a mix of white and tri-colored quinoa.)
- For a milder curry flavor use 1 ½ teaspoons of curry powder instead of 2 teaspoons.