Easy meets healthy for this high protein Dressed Up Lentil Soup! We’re taking a simple store-bought canned lentil soup and adding all kinds of goodies to transform it into a filling and fancy feelin’ plant-based meal. Enjoy this soup as an entree or side, lunch or dinner. You can do anything with 10 minutes!
Serving Size: about 1 ¾ cups (420g)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 334 calories / 43.5g carbs / 18.5g protein / 9g fat
- 1 20-oz (567g) can “Amy’s” lentil soup
- 1 cup (87g) “Bird’s Eye” frozen mixed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 1 cup (155g) shelled frozen edamame
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 1 cup baby spinach
- Heat the soup in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat along with the frozen veggies, edamame, spinach (if using), and seasonings.
- The soup is ready when it’s warmed through and simmering, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.