This light and lemony shrimp dish is the perfect *little bit special* weeknight dinner! Take 15 minutes and a handful of ingredients and you’ve got yourself a high protein, high flavor dinner. Serve over veggie noodles for a lighter meal or try pasta for a heartier version.
Serving Size: 1 cup (180g) shrimp + 1 cup zoodles (120g)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 236 calories / 8g carbs / 26.5g protein / 14g fat
- 3 tablespoons (41g) olive oil
- 1 ½ lb (680g) raw shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
- 2 10-oz containers (606g) raw zucchini noodles
- 5 cups (150g) raw baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup (40g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons (60g) fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Optional: ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp to pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes (without turning.)
- While the shrimp is cooking heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat and add the zoodles to the pan. Sauté until just barely softened (about 4-5 minutes.)
- Toss the shrimp, add the garlic and spinach to the pan, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and spinach is barely wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp mixture with Parmesan, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Serve the shrimp with a few spoonfuls of sauce over the zucchini noodles. Garnish with red pepper flakes, fresh parsley, or lemon wedges if desired.
- You can also serve this Lemon Garlic Shrimp over regular spaghetti noodles for a higher carb meal. The macros for 1 cup (180g) of shrimp alone (without zoodles) are: 3C/25P/14F.