Gluten- and dairy-free Macrostaxers: we have the breakfast for you! Our new Gluten-Free French Toast is as simple and tasty as it gets. Top with fresh fruit, nut butter, or maple syrup to make your next weekend brunch extra special.
Makes: 5 slices
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: 112 calories / 17g carbs / 4.5g protein / 3.5g fat
- 5 slices (170g) “Canyon Bakehouse” 7-grain gluten free bread
- 2 eggs (100g)
- ½ cup (120g) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon (12g) coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bring a skillet to medium-high heat.
- While the skillet is heating up, mix together the almond milk, eggs, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl using a fork or whisk.
- When the skillet is heated up, coat both sides of the bread in the egg mix and place it on the skillet to cook. Let it cook for two minutes or so (until light brown) and flip.
- Repeat the previous step for all slices of bread.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, whipped cream, nut butter, or fresh fruit (macros not included.)
- To make a regular version of this recipe, use 5 slices of “Dave’s Killer Bread” whole wheat bread and ½ cup of nonfat milk instead. The macros per slice are: 25C/7.5P/3.5F and 158 calories.
- Feel free to substitute regular white sugar for the coconut sugar (the macros are the same.)